The Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor after an Automobile Accident
When you’ve been hurt because of the carelessness or negligence of another motorist, your health needs to be your first concern. While some injuries may require that you seek emergency medical treatment at a hospital or urgent care facility, there are many good reasons to turn to a chiropractor to help you return to wellness over the long run.
- A chiropractor can reduce inflammation and the accompanying pain through spinal manipulations. Most other doctors will likely prescribe painkillers, which don’t promote recovery from injury, but only mask the pain. An additional risk with painkillers—the possibility of addition.
- A chiropractor can treat the injuries you can’t see — Often, the most debilitating injuries sustained in a car accident are the ones that are not as easily diagnosed—injury to muscles, ligaments, tendons and other connective tissue can be crippling. Chiropractic care responds to these types of trauma.
- The treatment from a chiropractor won’t increase your recovery time — Chiropractic care is non-invasive, so it won’t cause additional trauma to your body, like surgical procedures will. Non-invasive treatment also eliminates the possibility of permanent scarring.
- Chiropractic treatment will more quickly increase or restore range of motion — Most invasive procedures will significantly limit range of motion in the short term. With chiropractic care, inflammation if reduced, accelerating the healing process. In addition, chiropractic adjustments help mobilize your spine.
- Chiropractic is more holistic, treating more than the immediate injury — With other forms of care, the treatment tends to be focused primarily or exclusively on a specific injury. With chiropractic care, you’ll treat your whole body, leading to a greater overall condition of wellness.
Injured in a Car Accident—Let Peralta Chiropractic Help You Deal with the Pain
At Peralta Chiropractic, with offices in Dallas, we use chiropractic care and treatment to improve the health and well-being of patients across the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, including people hurt in motor vehicle accidents. Call us at 214-942-3700 or at 817-923-1254 to set up an appointment.